Professional Aging in Place Services in Livonia, MI
Community Renovations is a contractor in Grosse Ile, MI specializing in both residential and commercial projects of all sizes, everything from small redesigns and remodeling projects to the design and creation of entirely new spaces. One of our most innovative programs is our barrier-free program, wherein we create or adapt homes which are fully handicap accessible, allowing those with disabilities the opportunity to live independently and with a much higher quality of life. We offer all of the same advantages to those who have had their mobility or level of independence limited by their age without Aging in Place program. Basically, Aging in Place involves the installation of various items and the redesign of various rooms to make your home easier to navigate. Maybe you want all of the rooms you access regularly located on one floor so you don’t have to constantly climb the stairs. Maybe you need your cabinets or vanities lowered to make them easier to access. Perhaps you want to install lifts on your staircases or a walk-in tub or guardrails around your bedroom. Regardless of what you require from your home Community Renovations can help.
What are some of the benefits of Aging in Place for homeowners in Livonia, MI? Here are a few:
• Aging in Place allows you to stay in your home, allowing you to avoid having to live in a nursing home or an assisted living facility. Leaving home can have a number of psychological effects, most notably what is known as relocation stress or transfer trauma which can lead to feelings of depression, alienation and concern. Staying at home can keep these feelings from becoming an issue.
• These modifications can dramatically increase your quality of life, allowing you to feel safe and secure in your home once again. After all, if you can’t feel safe how can you fully enjoy life?
• Allows you to keep your independence, maintain your privacy and stay invested.
• Protects you from pathogens more commonly found in assisted living facilities where one must share space with a number of others. Your home is a much more controlled environment, which is preferable from a healthcare perspective.
• Staying independent helps preserve brain function, as maintaining a complex daily routine is the best means of keeping your mind healthy. Also, it’s been found that people who live busy lives and keep themselves engaged simply live longer lifespans on average.
If you’re looking to improve your quality of life by bettering your home and you live in the Livonia, MI area be sure to contact Community Renovations and ask us about our Aging in Place program.